Friday, April 23, 2010

Bowling

Earlier this year my friend Cecilia posted a link to a website called www.freebowlingforkids.com This site allows you to register your kids to bowl for free all summer long. Since I'm a big fan of FREE I decided to sign Jack up for this program. Today was the first day we were able to take advantage of the offer, so Jason and I took Jack bowling.
Being an "alley kid" myself I was quite excited to take Jack bowling. For years my mom and dad bowled in Friday night leagues and Jack Pot bowled on Saturdays. I spent many a weekend running up and down the bowling alley, playing video games, trying to win stuffed animals out of the crane machine and driving my parents nuts while they were bowling. I even bowled in a Friday night league myself when Jason and I first met. So like I said, I was really excited to have Jack experience all bowling has to offer.
We got to Woodland Bowl and Jack looked around in awe at the vastness of the bowling alley. We went up to the counter to get his and Jason's shoes. (Yeah, I'm so cool, I had my very own shoes!) But once we got to the counter they told us they didn't have shoes small enough to fit Jack's feet. That made me sad! Half the fun of bowling is getting to wear the funky shoes! But we quickly got over that once they brought out a really cool ramp thing to help Jack roll the ball down the lanes!
Jason was too afraid to let Jack carry the ball to the ramp himself, so he ended up going up with Jack each time. Jack was into the ramp thing the first couple of frames, then he wanted to throw the ball like me and Jason. Obviously that didn't work so again, Jason had to help him each time. I think Jack liked when it was his turn, he just didn't like watching me and Jason roll the ball nor waiting on us to do so.

We made it through one entire game before Jack lost interest! Not too bad for his first time. It was a fun way to spend a Friday morning together as a family. I definitely want a rematch though.


No comments:

Post a Comment