Sunday, January 2, 2011

1 vs 2

So my last post really got me thinking about how I compare the boys. That lead to me realizing that while I compare them I totally treat them differently. It's not been on purpose, but looking back here's what I've noticed:

First Child / Second Child
Slept in our bed until 9 months / Slept next to our bed for 7 months
Didn't leave the house for 4 weeks / Was at the bowling alley at 2 weeks
Was read to every night / Didn't see a book until 3 months
Eating purees at 4 months / Didn't like purees, tried at 4, 5, 6 months
Eating solids only by 7 months / At 7 months eats whatever here and there
Did what it took to put to sleep / Laid him in bed to fall asleep on own
Cloth diapered for 1 year / Never saw a cloth diaper
Never watched TV until over 1 / Watched TV since he came home
Started signing at 6 months / Jason's tried a few signs out

So this is my short list...those of you with more than one...feel free to add what you've done differently the second time around...consciously or not.


1 comment:

  1. *I did this once but something got messed up and my comment was erased! :)

    Your job as a mommy is to be happy and keep your kiddos safe, healthy, and happy. I think you're doing a good job...they're alive and breathing, right? ;)

    I've noticed with each child, I've become a lot more relaxed with the way I do things. Granted I was pretty relaxed from the beginning, but still.

    ReplyDelete