Sunday, April 26, 2009

FRIENDS!

This was a busy weedend for friends visiting. My friend Mel who lives in Wisconsin and my friend Megan who lives in Philadelphia both were in town this weekend visiting family and we were lucky enough to get to meet up with both ladies.
I met Mel online while we were pregnant. She has two girls, a two year old named Layla who Jack and I got to meet on our trip to Madison, Wisconsin last October and Lily Harper who was born in May like Jack. They are four days apart. Layla is the sweetest little thing you will ever meet. Jack instantly fell in love with her, even though he was only four months old then! Since we'd gotten to meet Layla, Mel decided to bring Lily for our brunch date at Eva's Pancake House in Muncie. We met Lily and Mel and enjoyed catching up with them. Jack and Lily had a really good time sharing snacks, pacis, and playing outside after eating. It was so good to see Mel. We mostly just get to talk online so it was a nice change to actually get to spend some time with them.

Jack and Lily waiting to eat.

Sharing pacis is always a good time
Playing outside

Such a pretty girl!


After leaving Mel and Lily Jack and I headed back to Indy. My college girlfriend from IU was also in town this weekend visiting her family. Megan is one of my dearest friends. We met at IU our freshman year and you could hardly ever find one of us without the other. Usually we were chatting to people online or eating Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup and watching Days of Our Lives. After I came home my sophomore year, Megan and I continued to stay in touch, though sporadically. But she has kept a special place in my heart and I love her more than words could ever express. She was maid of honor at my wedding and that's when she told me she was pregnant with her little boy Remi. I don't get to see Megan near enough, so it was great getting to spend a little time with her. Her whole family is awesome and we enjoyed our visit with all of them.


Megan and Mandee...together again

I love this girl!

Remi, the handsome little guy

Jack loving himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment