Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I used to have this really awesome Christmas tree. I got it from Family Dollar when I moved into my apartment. It was a six foot prelit tree with really full branches that spread out and folded up nicely. It was really a fantastic cheap-o tree. When Jason and I moved in together we used that tree until we bought our house. The first year we moved into the house we did not put a tree up because we were spending Christmas in Tulsa. The next year we bought a small real tree. When we bought that little tree Jason decided that our basement could no longer hold my pretty prelit tree...because "it didn't fit in the box and took up too much ro
om". So I let him convince me to throw it out. BIG mistake! Jack's first Christmas we passed on a tree again since we'd be in Tulsa and we figured at 7 months, he didn't really need a tree anyways for the time we'd be in Indy for the Christmas season. But this year we're home and Jack's a year and a half...so we thought a tree was necessary. I wasn't really fond of the mess the real tree made, so I went in search of a new fake tree. Now, we don't have much room in our house so I started looking for another 6 foot prelit tree. After looking at a few stores, I quickly found that a) prelit trees are expensive and b) trees under 6 feet look like Ch
arlie Brown's rejects. I am so sad that we tossed my perfect little tree! =( So we ended up getting a sad looking little tree so Jack would have something to decorate. He seemed to really enjoy putting the ornaments on his first tree....even if it is something even Charlie Brown wouldn't take home. It's the process not the product right? And besides...when he's grown, he'll probably be more embarrassed about the outfit I have him in than the way the tree looked! Below is the best picture I could get of the sad tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment