Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It was our year to stay in Indiana for Christmas...which meant a busy, busy time for us. Trying to cram four Christmases into one day is crazy! I don't know how people with step families or two sets of grandparents do it! We started off our Christmas celebrations with dinner and church with my May grandparents on Christmas Eve just like my family has done for as long as I can remember. I did ask my grandmother if it would be okay for us to exchange presents while we were there so we could have more time at home with Jack on the actual Christmas day. Grandma had no problem with that at all. Since we would be getting home late on Christmas Eve, we just went ahead and dressed Jack in his pajamas so he would be ready for bed and Santa.

Jack with his Grandpa II

Mamaw and Jack at Granny and Grandpa II's house


Jack opening presents


I love that face!



On Christmas Day we let Jack wake up at his normal time and find what Santa had brought him. Below are pictures of him opening up Santa's gifts at home.
Walking out and seeing what Santa left for the first time!


Santa left him a kitchen set with food and dishes!

Cookin' up a little breakfast while still sleepy eyed!

Santa also brought him a cash register and a magna doodle


After opening presents and eating breakfast at home, we headed out to my Aunt Patty's house to have Christmas lunch/dinner with my mom's family.
Sierra and Jack

Dad and Uncle Steve carving the turkey and ham

After Aunt Patty's house, we took Jack to my mom's for a nap and opened presents there with her, my dad and sister. For some odd reason I have no pictures from their house. Too many Christmases must make one lose their mind....

Once we got back home, Jack cooked us up a little snack from his kitchen. He takes after his father and is an excellent cook.
All in all our first Christmas home with Jack was a fun and memorable experience. He's such an easy going and fun loving kid. He fills our home with so much joy and laughter. I can't wait for more Christmases with him and his little sibling and watching them grow up together. What more could a mother ask for? Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment