Friday, February 25, 2011

22. Read 10 books on the Pulitzer list

One of my goals for the bucket list is to read 10 books off the Pulitzer List. I scoured the list and found ten that looked interesting to me. I've actually read three of the books and one of those did not actually win the Pulitzer that year for it's category, but was a finalist. Since I enjoyed the story last time I decided to go ahead and reread. I'm going to go ahead and post the list here but then post a synopsis or plot summary of the books in separate posts. I will edit those posts to let you know how I felt about the book once I've finished them. So...here are my list of books to read for the year and why I chose that book...drum roll please...

In no particular order:

  1. A Thousand Acres Jane Smiley 1992 Fiction
  2. The Stone Diaries Carol Shields 1995 Fiction
  3. The Hours Michael Cunningham 1999 Fiction
  4. The Road Cormac McCarthy 2007 Fiction
  5. To Kill A Mockingbird Harper Lee* 1961 Fiction
  6. The Diary of Anne Frank Albert Hackett* 1956 Drama
  7. Into Thin Air John Krakauer* ** 1998 General NonFiction
  8. Breathing Lessons Anne Tyler 1989 Fiction
  9. The Color Purple Alice Walker 1983 Fiction
  10. Beloved Toni Morrison 1988 Fiction
* I've read before
** A finalist but not winner

No comments:

Post a Comment