Thursday, April 7, 2011

Teeth

Jack made his second trip to the dentist today. They counted his teeth...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 on the top and 10 on the bottom. Dr. Walker happily announced no cavities and immediatly asked how we were doing on getting rid of the sucker. I said he gets it for naps and bedtime and that's it. Which is mostly true. Sometimes I let him have it early mornings while watching TV and sometimes he gets it on long car rides...like more than four hours. So Dr. Walker talked to Jack about how he's a big boy now and how he needs to give the sucker to the sucker fairy. I showed Jack a video of another little boy getting the Sodor Steam Works for giving up his sucker...so Jack thinks that's what he should get too...and he told Dr. Walker that! She looked a tad confused...but oh well...Jack said he was ready to give it up. He looked at her and said, "I promise!"

So fast forward to tonight. We put sucker under his pillow. He giggled and asked if the Sucker Fairy was going to open his door and come into his room. I said she probably would. I gave him a hug and kiss, told him I loved him and left the room. After 20 minutes of him in there talking to someone he comes out of the room and tells me, "Mommy. There's something back here in my mouth." "Oh yeah Jack? What is it?" "Well...I lost a tooth back there. I lost a tooth and now I'm counting them. I lost a tooth. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...oh wait. It's just a popcorn kernel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment