Saturday, May 28, 2011

2. Take the boys to the 500 Festival Parade

Last year my sister bought Jason, Jack and I tickets to go see the 500 Festival Parade. My grandma said she took us when we were younger, but I have no memory of ever being at this parade despite living in or near Indianapolis all my 30+ years. So...we made plans last year to take Jack...but someone else had other plans in mind. Graham decided that he was going to make his own parade of sorts that day and Jack ended up going with Mamaw, Papaw and Ashley.

This year I made sure to add the parade to my bucket list and so here we are...number two on the list...The 500 Festival Parade.

I'm going to spare you commentary on all the pictures I've posted and just let you know that we met Stacy, Brandon, Bowen and sweet Arden in our seats and enjoyed the show. Hope you enjoy it too!

Racing through the years at Indy

Blue II...the Butler Bulldog


The sweetest thing I saw all day!



Had to get a picture of Graham Rahal...since my Graham was
born so close to race day, Ash thinks he's destined to become a racer

Anderson...just as good in person as on TV...

Graham pointing out all the exciting balloons and floats

Little Al's float...


What's the race in Indy without Gomer?!

And we have a man down...

This one's for my sister...


Another man down!

But Jack saw the whole thing!

After the parade we ended up going to Pot Bellies on the circle with the Conway's to enjoy a delicious milk shake. All in all..not bad for a Saturday in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment